Two quick things for the end of the week:
(1) Donations. Andrew and I are still getting notes about donations, and we talked and decided to take down the donation link. As he put in his note on the donations page:
I took down the link again because we haven’t needed to spend much money lately. I’ll put it back if we run low, but mostly we’re just waiting, and waiting, and waiting -AS
We’ve been overwhelmed by how generous everyone has been, and we’re doing okay right now financially. If there’s something specific that we need to raise funds for, we’ll post the link again, but right now we just feel bad about receiving donations when we still have Mari-funds and aren’t spending at the same rate.
The biggest factor in the spending difference is that we now have consultants who are donating their time — early on everyone we talked to charged $100/hr, which added up fast! So if you would like to donate, there are a couple of organizations that have done a LOT for us free of charge, and they’re non-profits, so they can use support:
- The Animal Rescue League of Boston has lent us equipment and consulted with us — looking through our sighting data, helping us figure out where to place feeding stations, talking through rescue plans.
- One of the founders of Mass Animal Coalition has also been giving us a ton of support and connected us with both the ARL and a tracker. She has also looked through the sighting data and talked us through multiple rescue scenarios.
- Andrew and I volunteered at the Save A Sato shelter in Puerto Rico, which is where we found and adopted Mari.
- We’ve also worked with All Sato Rescue and have consulted with them a number of times about sato behavior.
(2) Picketing. I’ve finally updated the form so it’s generic — this way instead of planning for a specific date, we can check weather, see if an upcoming day looks good, and be more flexible. If you are up for picketing, please fill out the following form. Again, this is based on when you’re usually free, so if we decide to try next Tuesday and you can’t make it because that’s THE Tuesday of parent-teacher conferences, no worries. Thanks again for all of the support!